Senior Energy Consultant or Modeller (Consultant or Princiapl grades also condsidered)
RemoteEngland, England, United KingdomEnergy
Location: Remote first, flexible working arrangements, with all UK based locations considered. Our flexible office collaboration spaces, for those wishing to use them, are in London and Exeter, with a future potential to emerge in Bristol and Swansea.
Term: Permanent, Full Time (40 hours per week)
Salary: Competitive, dependent on knowledge, experience and skills
Grade: Senior Modeller (other grades may be considered, with adjusted job descriptions)
Unfortunately, we cannot accept applicants that (now or in the future) require sponsorship for an employment visa. Any application requiring a visa (without clear clarification) will be rejected.
We are also only accepting direct applications - no recruiters please.
We are at the forefront of Local Area Energy Plans, Renewable Energy Assessments, and innovation projects on heat pump deployment.
Our team is continuing to grow and develop in the energy market, so we are looking for applicants who can bring further technical energy expertise and/or energy modelling capabilities to our offer. Some experience in energy area planning, policy development and research, is ideal
Many Thanks, Simon Lusby (MD & Head of Consulting) and Joe McQuillen (Associate Director - Energy)
ABOUT US: CIT SCIENCE
City Science is an independent firm of consultants, data scientist and software developers. We build products to help engineers deliver the future. Founded out of the need to respond to climate change, we are committed to advancing our customers’ understanding of the systems they operate, helping them reduce waste, improve efficiency and support a better world.
We have developed award-winning software solutions to serve the energy, buildings and transport markets and delivered prize-winning consultancy commissions at the forefront of Net Zero delivery and technology. Our portfolio of projects has grown extensively over the last five years and includes direct engagements from the public and private sectors based on our key specialisms in decarbonisation strategies, energy modelling, heat modelling, data management, data analytics, software development, and innovation. We have recently developed a series of high-value solutions within the energy sector which are now underpinning a growing portfolio of projects across the UK.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Modeller or Senior Energy Modeller, with specialist experience in scoping, managing and delivering energy modelling activities. This is a pivotal role in furthering the growth of our energy business.
We are seeking an individual with a rigorous modelling background and the communication skills to represent City Science in front of clients. The successful candidate will undertake detailed whole-system energy modelling, maximising the value of our cutting-edge research, and develop new innovations to support continued growth in business capability. The Senior Consultant will take an active role in projects, delivering technical insights to clients through a trusted, consultative approach.
You will support the continued growth of our business, through delivering upon our team’s wider commercial targets; such as through identifying future opportunities and delivering high quality tender responses. We will also provide the opportunity to attend and present at key industry wide transport and decarbonisation-focused national conferences.
- Developing detailed whole-system energy models utilising a variety of software packages (Excel, Python, SQL etc) and bespoke analyses across a variety of domains, including: building physics, power systems, energy planning and demand forecasting
- Conducting high-quality energy and sustainability analysis
- Data manipulation, data management and visualisations
- Preparing high-quality, insightful and impactful client reports
- Representing detailed technical information to potential clients clearly, honestly and with integrity
- Providing clients with a deep understanding of our solutions, services and emerging innovations
- Delivering an excellent client journey and experience
- Delivering expert energy and sustainability advice to clients
- Supporting delivery of business development activities
- Meeting and presenting our capability to key stakeholders including senior officers and portfolio holders within local authorities
- Developing high-quality written content and customer proposals
- Developing content to promote our brand and values
- Project management and thought leadership
You’re ambitious, proactive and customer-focused with exceptional attention to detail and the needs of our clients. You’re a champion in your field with a rigorous, disciplined approach and a deep technical knowledge of energy modelling. You have extensive experience working within energy systems and are comfortable working with and leading technical elements of energy projects. You’re a great collaborator, committed to success of the team with the flexibility to intelligently adapt your style to the task in hand. Most importantly, you’ve got the drive, ambition, hunger and work ethic to succeed in this fast-moving role.
City Science is a growth-focused organisation with an expanding team and so an entrepreneurial, resilient and tenacious mindset are critical.
- 4 years of relevant work experience, with at least 2 years experience in a commercial modelling role
- Professional, consultative and collaborative approach at all times
- Demonstrable technical knowledge and understanding across energy systems, in particular renewable energy and building physics
- Clear systematic and logical approach to analysis
- GIS, mapping and visualisation experience
- Experience using, processing and visualising a variety of energy data
- Programming skills: experience developing modelling in software code e.g. Python
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience delivering decarbonisation strategies
- Pro-active and entrepreneurial mindset
- Excellent communication skills with great emotional intelligence
- Confidence and experience working with stakeholders
- Good presentation skills
- Impeccable written style, grammar and attention to audience
- Existing trusted personal customer relationships in the energy sector
- Minimum 2.1 degree in a technical or scientific field
- Experience with Local Area Energy Planning
- Experience with Local Heat & Energy Efficiency Strategies
- Experience with District Heat Networks
- Experience working in a high-growth, technology start-up environment
- Knowledge of zero carbon vehicle propulsion technologies
- Experience with hydrogen
- Experience developing financial models
- Experience designing/supporting customer workshops
We are building a team who are motivated by collaboration with the desire to solve problems for our customers. We want people to own their field of responsibility, take decisions, be proactive and have pride in everything they do. Our team of experts includes prize-winning consultants, experienced technologists and distinguished academics.
Rewards & Benefits
- Opportunity to work on a diverse range of projects across the consultancy business
- Opportunity for career progression
- Ongoing mentoring, training and support from senior professionals within the business (including towards professional chartership)
- Paid membership of a maximum of two institutions
- Flexible working arrangements
- 25 days annual leave entitlement
- Membership of our group pension scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance program
We are only accepting direct applications - no recruiters please.
Unfortunately City Science does not hold a license to sponsor visas. Therefore, we are unfortunately not able to process any applications that require sponsorship.